Creating & Managing Lists with Amazon Alexa
Another underutilized feature of any Amazon Alexa device you own is the ability to create and manage lists. The most obvious types of lists are shopping lists and to-do lists, but Alexa allows you to create lists for anything you'd like! Set up a Christmas Gift Idea list, Home Improvement Tasks, or Vacation Packing List using just your voice. Then, when you're ready to access everything you've added to your list, pull it up easily using the Alexa App on your phone. Here's how to set it up:
- Say, "Alexa, create a list" using your Alexa-enabled device.
- She'll ask you what you want to call your list, so give your list a name. Example: "Vacation Packing List"
- Alexa will ask you to confirm the name of your list, so tell her "yes".
- Then, she'll ask you what you'd like to add to your list. Tell her the items that are on your mind - one at a time. She'll reprompt you for additional items after you add each one.
- When you're done adding items to your list, just say "no" at the reprompt.
- To add additional items to your list at a later time, just say, "Alexa, add [sunscreen] to [Vacation Packing] list. You can do this as many times as you'd like, over as many days/weeks as you'd like!
That's all there is to it! Your list has been created. When it comes time to see everything you've added to your list, you have two options:
- Just ask "Alexa, what's on [Vacation Packing] list?" and she'll read you your items (and show you on Alexa devices with a display screen.) -OR-
- From your Alexa App on your Smartphone
- Click on the menu button in the top left corner (three horizontal lines)
- Tap on "Lists"
- Tap on [Vacation packing] under My Lists
- See, edit, or delete any of the items you've added to your list
There you have it! Alexa is always learning new ways to help. Give it a try and let me know what you think! For the latest Alexa-enabled products, visit Amazon.com.