Alexa for Podcasters
How would you like to be able to broadcast your podcast to your audience through their Amazon Alexa-enabled device?
Now you can, and it's all automated, so there are no extra steps required from you. Whether you have a podcast already, or are looking to start one, we can help. Here's how it works:
- You upload your podcast audio file to SoundCloud, OmnyStudio, Anchor, or your podcasting platform of choice.
- Your target audience can hear your podcast on-demand, at their convenience, through their Alexa-enabled device.
- They can navigate through past episodes using only voice commands.
That's all there is to it! We handle all the behind-the-scenes magic to make it happen. If you don't have a podcast started already, we'll create an account for you to begin uploading. If you already have a podcast, in most cases we can tie into the platform you're already using without requiring any additional actions on your part.
Latest estimates show that almost 60 MILLION Americans are using Smart Speaker devices, and that number is only expected to continue to grow exponentially. Reaching your audience on the Amazon Alexa platform can be an incredible way to expand your listener base and grow your business.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Who can hear my podcast? Anyone who enables your Alexa Skill can hear your podcast every time you upload a new one.
- How hard is it for my audience to set this up? All they have to do is "enable" your podcast one time to be able to listen to episodes forever. It's easy and absolutely free for them! But, we'll provide instructions with your order that you can pass along to your audience.
- Do I need an existing SoundCloud account? No. If you have a podcasting platform that you're already using, we can pull your audio files from your existing account. If you don't have a podcast set up yet, we can set one up for you as part of this package.
- How often should I publish a new podcast? This is totally up to you. You can update as frequently as you'd like, and your audience will hear the latest episode the next time they ask Alexa for your podcast.
- How long does it take to set up? Our team can generally get your organization's system set up within 1 week, and then Amazon requires approximately 1 additional week to review and approve it. So, you can expect your news to be live within 2 weeks of placing your order.
- How much does it cost? Initial setup is $250, and the cost to continue to reach your target audience is $100 per month. There are no contracts, so you can cancel at any time via our Customer Portal or by contacting us directly. And there are no limits to the number of times you can send updates to your target audience or the number of audience members who can listen to your updates.