Business Plan Development
We're happy to customize your Business Plan development process to your specific needs. If you already have data and market research, we can turn that into a world-class business plan. If you want us to prepare the data and market research for you, we're happy to do the leg-work so you can focus on more important things!
Business Plan Functions:
Depending on your business needs, you may be looking for just a short summary to include in a pitch to friends and family, or you may be looking for a detailed, in-depth review to secure start-up funding. We're happy to help with any of these needs.
- Bank Funding: If you are seeking a loan from a bank to finance your business startup, in most cases they'll ask for a business plan and financial forecast if you have not been in business for at least a few years.
- Angel Investor and Venture Capital Funding: When pitching to outside investors, your goal is to convince them to invest in your venture over other options. We can help you put together a comprehensive business plan that summarizes the financial details and captures the investor's interest.
- Family & Friends Seed Funding: When pitching to people who already know you, the requirements can be much more straightforward. We're happy to prepare a simple business plan for this scenario.
- New Venture Business Plans: We are happy to prepare Business Plans for existing companies that are considering expansion or launching a new venture. We can help present the opportunity, risks, and potential rewards to help stakeholders make an informed decision.
Business Planning Process:
We tailor each Business Plan process to each specific client and situation, but here is how the process could work:
- Initial consultation to understand your needs.
- Review your existing documentation (draft business plans, financials, market research, competitor research, etc.)
- Follow-up discussion to agree upon the scope and fees for services.
- Several in-depth interviews to better understand the details, develop strategies, and agree on all major elements of the Business Plan and Financial Forecast.
- Conduct additional research and formulate additional strategy and tactics, as needed.
- Draft a Pitch Deck (Investor Presentation) and review it with you to ensure that all parties agree on the big picture. Note that the Pitch Deck will have many gaps at this point; we will use placeholders and incorporate facts, figures, and financial projections as they become available.
- Draft the Executive Summary and review it with you to ensure that we all agree on the next level of detail.
- Prepare an outline of the Business Plan.
- Fill in details of the Business Plan. Obtain and incorporate your feedback as we go.
- Customize our Financial Forecast for your business. Populate assumptions with rough, educated guesses. Work with you to refine the assumptions. Teach you how to use the model so that you can explain it to your audience with confidence.
- Finalize all deliverables, including editorial review and additional graphic design/layout work if needed.
- Provide ongoing support, including making minor updates to the deliverables at no additional charge for up to 30 days following the delivery of final documents.
Business Plan Components:
Depending on your needs, common components of a Business Plan that we can include are:
- Executive Summary: A brief (typically 1-2 page) overview of your plan.
- Opportunity: A review of the benefit or pain point for the consumer that you plan to address.
- Solution: A description of how your product or service will fulfill the need.
- Business Model: A review of your customer value proposition and how you plan to make money.
- The Market: A summary of who your customer will be, what their characteristics are, and how many there are.
- Marketing: An overview of the strategy to get your product in front of the customer and how you will persuade them to buy it.
- Competition: A review of who else is working to fulfill the need of the customers.
- Competitive Advantages: An overview of how you will stand out above the competition, including any proprietary processes or products.
- Team: An overview of your company, their strengths, and why they are uniquely positioned to succeed.
- Achievements: A review of what milestones have already been achieved to give your investors confidence in your venture.
- Operating Plan: A description of will your business fulfill orders.
- Risks: An overview of what assumptions may prove to be inaccurate, and what you plan to do to mitigate those scenarios.
- Financial Plan: An overview of any money already invested, income realized, the funding needed for the next stage, what you plan to do with the investments, and a look ahead to future earnings.
Our prices range from $99 to $14,000 - depending on your needs. We'd love to get the conversation started and help you prepare a Business Plan tailored just for you!
Please send us an email at info@RaspberryMills.com to get started.
We look forward to hearing from you!