What geographical areas do you service?
We currently service Sioux Falls and the surrounding area - including: Brandon, Tea, Harrisburg, Hartford, Crooks, Baltic, Worthing, and Lennox. Contact us for requests to travel outside of our primary area for an additional fee.
Are certain times of day better than others for exterior photos?
We try to schedule our photo shoots at 10:00am, 12:00pm, and 2:00pm in order to have the most direct sunlight possible. The ideal time for your property depends primarily on which direction the front of the property faces. We want to avoid taking the photo looking directly into the sun.
|If the property exterior faces:||The ideal photo shoot times are:|
|South||10:00am, 12:00pm, 2:00pm|
Do I need to be present for the photo shoot?
No - if the property has a lockbox, or a garage code that we can use to enter, there is no need for anyone else to be present. If there is an electronic lockbox like a Supra eKey lockbox, we'll need someone with access to let us inside. Our photographer is a former real estate agent, so we understand the importance of respecting the property and locking up properly before we leave. You are, of course, welcome to be present for the photo shoot, but it is absolutely not necessary.
How can I help the homeowner prepare for a photo shoot?
There are a few small things that can make a HUGE difference when taking photos. Here's how we recommend that you and/or the homeowner prepare for the photo shoot:
- COMPLETELY de-clutter the home. This means removing things that you may use on a regular basis: tissue boxes, dog bowls, toothbrushes, etc. Any items out on countertops will detract from the beauty of your property.
- Clean just prior to the photo shoot - especially reflective surfaces like mirrors, floors, and countertops - or they may look very dirty in the photos.
- Make sure all lightbulbs coordinate with others in the same room or fixture, and make sure that they're all in working order. It is helpful if the lights are turned on prior to our arrival.
- Open curtains on all windows. You can leave blinds down, but have them rotated to an open position.
- If you do not want to have the yard sign appearing in the photos, please schedule your photo shoot before you add the yard sign, or remove it for the photo shoot.
What happens if it's cloudy or raining?
Taking photographs on a cloudy day can sometimes be a blessing because it removes the shadows that direct sunlight creates. Light rain generally isn't a problem either, but if it is significantly raining the day of your photo shoot, we can reschedule for a later time or date.
Do I need to decide what to take the photos of?
No - we come prepared with a set list of photo priorities based on your specific property and number of photos you've ordered. We focus first on the exterior (front & back), kitchen, living areas, master bedroom, master bath, and then the additional bedrooms and bathrooms. If you have specific features of the property that you would like to focus on, just let us know and we're happy to accommodate.
How will I receive my photos?
We will email you a link to download your photos electronically.
How long does it take to receive my photos?
We make every effort to return your photos within two business days. If you need your photos sooner, just choose the 1-day turnaround time option at checkout.
Can I use them for my own print materials and social media posts?
Yes, absolutely. All the photos are yours to do with as you please! :-)
How long does it take to receive my printed materials?
You can expect to receive your printed materials 8-10 business days after your photo shoot. It takes our team approximately two days to edit/process the photos, two days to design your printed materials, two days for our commercial printer to print your materials, and three days for shipping. If you need your materials sooner, please contact us for expediting options.